Share This Recipe
Apple butter is delicious served on warm biscuits or fills in nicely for syrup over pancakes and waffles. Freeze up extra and give as gifts!
- 4 quarts unpeeled but chopped Stemilt apples
- 2 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 3/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- Place chopped apples into a large crock pot. Combine the remaining ingredients and drizzle over the apples.
- Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours, stirring well with a large spoon every hour or so.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 10-12 hours longer until the butter becomes thick and dark in color. Stir occasionally.
- Cool when the butter is finished and pour into freezer containers to store.
- Freeze for up to one year.