- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup apple (diced)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Confectioners' sugar for topping
- Yield12 servings
- Prep time00:10
- Cook time00:04
An apple fritter is a wonderful hybrid of apple pie and a doughnut – and the best part is, it’s acceptable to eat any time of the day! Shake things up a bit and bring these to your next brunch!
- Measure and sift dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and milk together and slowly incorporate dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped apples.
- In a heavy skillet on the stovetop, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat.
- Drop teaspoon full of apple-batter into hot oil and fry until golden brown in color, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towel or bag.
- Cool and dust with powdered sugar.