Share This Recipe
Making applesauce at home for baby is a wholesome, sweet way to help introduce solids. Not only do apples pack great nutritional values, but with their sweet, mild flavor, they easily pair with baby cereals for a textured eating experience.
- One mild sweet apple
- Wash the apple well, peel and core it.
- Chop the apple into small chunks.
- Bring water (enough to generously cover the apple chunks) to a soft boil in a medium sauce pan and add the apple chunks.
- Cook the apple chunks until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Drain the apple chunks and rinse with cold water for approximately 3 minutes, to end the cooking process
- Add the apple chunks to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add water slowly for desired consistency.