- 1/2 pound Swiss-style cheese such as Jarlsberg or Emmenthaler, shredded
- 1/2 pound Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp flour or cornstarch (use cornstarch if cooking gluten-free)
- 1 garlic clove, halved crosswise
- 1 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 Stemilt Pink Lady Apples
- Yield4 servings
- Prep time00:15
- Cook time00:10
Fondue is a delicious way to dip apples!
1. Place the shredded cheese and cornstarch in a plastic freezer bag. Seal and shake to coat the cheese with cornstarch. Set aside.
2. Rub the inside of a fondue pot or 4-quart pot with the cut garlic, then discard. Add the wine and lemon juice to the pot, and bring to a low simmer on medium heat. Slowly stir the cheese into the lemon and wine mixture. Stir constantly to prevent the cheese from seizing. Cook just until the cheese is melted and creamy. Do not let boil. Once the mixture is smooth and creamy, stir in nutmeg.
3. If not already in fondue pot, transfer cheese. If made in fondue pot, keep the heat low, continuing to stir the cheese so it does not solidify.
4. Dip your favorite foods and enjoy!