Share This Recipe
Ribbons of leafy green kale and sweet Stemilt Piñata® apple are combined with pomegranate seeds and roasted hazelnuts for a refreshing and healthy salad that gets an added tropical twist when laced with a delicious coconut and orange-infused yogurt dressing.
- 4 to 5 large leaves curly green kale, center ribs removed and discarded, sliced into ribbons (approximately 4 cups cut)
- 1 Stemilt Piñata® apple, core removed, diced into approximate 3/8” to ½” cubes (approximately 2 cups diced)
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, combine yogurt, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, honey and orange zest. Slowly whisk olive oil into mixture, until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Place ribbons of kale in a large bowl and add dressing. Using clean fingers, carefully “massage” dressing into greens for 30 seconds to one minute. This will “tame” the greens (soften them) a bit and work flavor of dressing throughout. Add diced apple, pomegranate seeds and nuts to bowl and lightly toss. Serve with additional slices of Piñata® apple alongside, and/or top with additional chopped hazelnuts, if preferred.
Calories: 329, Fat Content: 17.2 g (sat 1.9g, poly 2.6g, mono 11.6g), Protein Content: 8.7 g, Carbohydrate Content: 42.9 g, Fiber Content: 8.7 g, Sugar Content: 22.5 g, Cholesterol Content: 0 mg, Potassium Content: 767.1, Sodium Content: 67.1 mg.