Yield2 to 4 servings
Share This Recipe
A crunch of celery adds a unique, yet complementary pop to this sweet mix of apples and fresh papaya, dressed with a bright-flavored lime-honey vinaigrette and finished with a sprinkle of raisins and chopped pecans.
- 1 Stemilt apple, cored, cut into wedges, thinly sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced papaya
- 2 stalks celery, cut into thin slices on diagonal (to mimic shape/size of fruit)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- Dash of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together lime juice, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt and olive oil. Set vinaigrette aside.
- Place sliced apples in a large shallow bowl. Add vinaigrette to apples, directly after slicing, and lightly toss to coat.* Add papaya and celery to apple; gently toss to coat with dressing, being careful not to over handle papaya.
- Arrange salad on plates, top with some raisins and chopped pecans. Serve immediately.
*Adding vinaigrette to apples directly after slicing will help prevent fruit from browning.
Calories: 188, Fat Content: 9.1 g, Protein Content: 1.7 g, Carbohydrate Content: 28.8 g, Fiber Content: 3.7 g, Sugar Content: 20.4 g, Cholesterol Content: 0 mg, Potassium Content: 371.8 mg, Sodium Content: 41.1 mg.