Apple Salad Rolls
- 4 spring roll skins (I used Bánh Tráng tapioca flour-based skins)
- 1 english cucumber, lightly peeled, cut into two approximate 5” lengths, and sliced thinly lengthwise*
- 4 to 5 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
- 8 to 12 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 8 to 12 leaves fresh mint
- 2 stalks celery, cut into approximate 3” to 4” lengths, julienned
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into approximate 3” to 4” lengths, julienned
- 2 apples, sliced thinly from stem to base and julienned**
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 11/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon miro mayo
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Hot water to soften spring roll skins
Apple Salad Rolls
- Yield4 servings
While traditional spring rolls often house an Asian-infused medley of ingredients, from shrimp and tofu to various greens and veggies, this Piñata® apple-salad fixing makes a great little salad roll that’s yummy for healthy snacking or convenient and tasting for on-the-go packing.
*Use a sharp knife or mandolin for best results
**Easiest to cut slices from sides of apple in, then slice from remaining sides of core.
Lay wet, softened salad roll skin flat on work surface (the skin will dry quite quickly so it’s best to work swift). Place approximately 4 slices of cucumber to cover center portion of skin. Top with a layer of spinach leaves, a few cilantro sprigs and a couple of mint leaves. Add 3 or 4 sticks of celery and 3 or 4 sticks of carrot, then top with 4 to 6 sticks of apple. Fold sides of spring roll skin in. Beginning from the end closest to you, fold skin up and over ingredients and gently roll up, being careful to incorporate all of your stuffing. Repeat by softening another salad roll skin to fill. Set completed salad rolls aside.
Calories: 148.1, Fat Content: 2.6 g, Protein Content: 2.5 g, Carbohydrate Content: 29.7 g, Fiber Content: 3.4 g, Sugar Content: 17.5 g, Cholesterol Content: 0 mg, Potassium Content: 439.5 mg, Sodium Content: 501.4 mg.