- 3 pounds apples (about 10-15 apples)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Yield2 servings
- Prep time00:45
- Cook time00:20
Stewed apples are a sweet and savory to top off a variety of dishes. Try the sweet route and spoon over ice cream, or the savory route and put on pork chops!
- Peel and core the apples.
- Add the apples to a medium pot, then add the water, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes with the pot top on, stirring them once or twice.
- Let the apples cool completely, then transfer them (and their juice) to a leftover container.