Share This Recipe
Whether you pack your child’s lunch, send snacks or are in need of an after-school treat, these simple sweet apple chips featuring Stemilt’s Gala apples can be made in advance, and quickly tucked into lunchboxes or stashed in a purse on the way out the door.
- 6 Lil Snappers apples, stems removed
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (*sub almond butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Using a mandolin slicer, cut apples into 1/8-inch-thick slices. Depending on the exact size of apple, this should yield approximately 10 slices per apple.
- Arrange apple slices in rows on 2 parchment-lined cookie sheets. Make sure that apples do not overlap. Sprinkle evenly with cinnamon.
- Bake both cookie sheets together at 225° for 3 hours, turning once, until slices dehydrate and edges curl. Remove chips and cool on a baking rack for an hour. Store in an airtight container for up to two days.
- In a small bowl, combine Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and remaining ingredients. Stir until combined and smooth. Refrigerate until ready to serve.