With several grape varietals and over 7,500 apples grown around the world, how does one find the perfect pair? The truth is, there is no ‘perfect’ pair when it comes to apples and wine, but we can definitely share a couple of old favorites for those of you 21 and over that are entertaining guests or just winding down and enjoying on your own.
For those 21+, here are a few of our favorite flavor combinations for apples, wine a cheese – a delightful trio!
- Red Delicious + Camembert + Cabernet Sauvignon
- Fuji + Havarti + Madeira
- Ambrosia + Brie + Rosé
- Braeburn + Gouda + Chenin Blanc
- Gala + Emmental + Malbec
- Golden Delicious + Gruyere + Chardonnay
- Granny Smith + Gorgonzola + Merlot
- Honeycrisp + Provolone + Champagne
- Jonagold + Mascarpone + Syrah or Shiraz
- Piñata® + Blue Cheese + Pinot Gris or Pinot Grigio
- Pink Lady + Monterey Jack + Riesling
- SweeTango® + Chevre + Viognier
For more information, visit our interactive pairing guide at stemilt.com/pairology. The guide is a choose-your-own-venture to create the best flavor combinations among apples, cheeses and wines (for those 21+ only).
- Try pairing wine with dried apples or other dried fruit, too.